Tuesday, April 12

Wine Tasting with the Girls

Turning 21 brings about a wave of emotions and excitement. While turning 21 is truly a milestone, it marks an era that requires responsibility and accountability. Turning 21 reminded me of the fact that when I graduate, I will only be 22. This is now a year away. The thought of moving on from life as I know it is terrifying, stressful, and overwhelming at times. Despite my nerves and fear about the future, I had a phenomenal 21st birthday celebration. I am truly blessed to have such inspiring and amazing friends. To celebrate, we embarked on the Malibu wine tour train and enjoyed a very rainy day of love, laughter, and celebration. Here are photos from the day:
 







The Malibu Wine tour began around 11am and ended around 4pm. This day was so fabulous. We were picked up from my apartment in the Malibu grapes van and were then whisked off to the Rosenthal Estate Winery on PCH for four tastings. We enjoyed our time there and especially enjoyed the Surfrider Sauvignon Blanc. We then traipsed up Malibu Canyon in the torrential rain to Cornell Winery where we enjoyed another four tastings and the Saddlerock Pinot Noir. The ambiance of this tasting room was incredible. It was so rustic and unique. Vintage chandeliers and candelabras adorned the room to inspire a cozy feeling. Next, we went to the Cielo Estate tasting room off Kanan. This tasting room was so adorable. Our group was nestled into a cozy corner complete with blankets and an excellent snack tray complete with grapes, delicious cheeses, crackers, and delicious wine. This tasting room was by far my favorite. We tasted another four wines but they were very generous...need I say, we stayed there the longest. My favorite wine from this adventure was the Honeypie Woodstock Collection. Normally this wine retails for about $35 but they told them to my group for $24! My friends and I loved Cielo so much that we decided we will be making monthly trips to the tasting room.


No comments:

Post a Comment