Wednesday, January 20

Each day I fall deeper in love with Lausanne.  The beauty never ceases to amaze me and continues to surprise me.  From the incredible sunsets on Lake Geneva to the occasional gentle snowfall, I live in the most beautiful place in the world. This past weekend I stayed in Lausanne to further explore and that is exactly what I did.  I went with a few friends to search for new restaurants and fun places to hangout at night.  We stumbled upon the cutest place ever.  Tucked away in a staircase leading to the Lausanne Cathedral, was this adorable place called "Le Barbare" adorned with beautiful ivy and window boxes.  Inside was an intimate, hole in the wall place.  The waitress was an adorable Swiss French woman who owned the restaurant and lives upstairs.  She cooks all of the meals in her kitchen and was the most delightful person I've ever met.  Not to mention the food was incredible.  This place is known for their hot chocolate, which is virtually a melted Swiss chocolate bar in a ceramic mug.  I instantly fell in love and will return soon.


My roommate from Pepperdine last year (who transferred) happened to be studying abroad as well and she came to Lausanne on Sunday.  We had so much fun! Some friends and I showed her around Lausanne from the Lake all the way to the Cathedral.  We had the most amazing picnic on a dock on Lake Geneva and chatted about lifes simple pleasures.  Afterward we went to fondue where Morgan tried cheese fondue for the first time!  Needless to say, she loved it.  Having Morgan in Lausanne and seeing her appreciation for the city allowed me to fall deeper in love with Lausanne.  I feel so blessed to be in this amazing place. 


It snowed again today and the city is covered in white again! It is so beautiful.  This weekend I am staying again and plan to go skiing either in Leysin or Villars.  I hope to take phenomenal photos to post on my blog next week!


Each time I update my blog I decided that I am going to put my favorite quote or inspirational saying at the moment.  I think it will be a fun and inspiring way to live life! This was my inspiration for the day...


"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love”.
I Corinthians 13:3

 

Photos from the Week

 
 
 
"Le Barbare"
 
Roommate Morgan

Current Roommate Hanna

1 comment: