Monday, September 14

September 14, 2009


 
My Friends! At Chexbres Vineyards


Hello!
This past weekend has been so amazing.  We took a train to an amazing wine town about 12 minutes away from Lausanne.  It was called Chexbres (spelling) and it was absolutely beautiful.  The entire town was formed around these beautiful vineyards that line the coastline of Lake Geneva.  Gorgeous green vineyards and Swiss chalets reminded me of the reason I chose Switzerland to study abroad. I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life.  We went on a 10 mile walk from the top of the hills of the vineyards down the shore of Lake Geneva where we swam and reflected.  After that we went to a gorgeous town by boat called Lutry.  This town was stunning.  Beautiful Lake Geneva with the Swiss Alps in the background.  Adorable town with cute houses and businesses, five star hotels, and amazing restaurants.  This is a place my parents would LOVE!  Tons of sailing on the lake.  We had amazing ice cream and cappachinos.  Followed by a metro bus ride back to Lausanne.  So far, I love this experience and am so thankful!  This city is absolutely incredible and has so much history.

The internet is not working very well so I will upload photos soon.

Hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment